Lodestar Unveils New LWD Sub at SPE/ATCE September 2015
Lodestar International announces the release of the new, Lodestar Modular LWD Sub. The Lodestar Modular Drilling Sub is the perfect solution for independent directional companies, even better than the technology supplied to major directional corporations.
The modular sub contains three downhole sensors: Pressure While Drilling (PWD), Azimuthal Gamma and Azimuthal Resistivity. The combination of these three sensors offer unique technology giving you test data in real time. Because the hardware is radially mounted, all of the sensors are contained in the one 42” sub. Radially mounting the sensors allows for a greater depth of investigation for both the AziGamma and AziRes.
Pressure While Drilling Benefits
- Accurate downhole measurement of equivalent circulating density (ECD)
- Swab/surge pressure monitoring while tripping and reaming
- Monitoring of hole cleaning
- Accurate downhole measurement of hydrostatic pressure and effective mud weight
- Accurate leak-off test (LOT) and formation integrity test (FIT) data without circulating to condition the mud
- Currently available in 6 3/4, Future availability in 4 3/4
Azimuthal Gamma Imaging Benefits
- Geo-steering in high angle wells
- Identifying forthcoming bed boundaries with high gamma contrast
- Holding trajectory when drilling in formations with high steering difficulty
- Defining dip direction and identifying fractures via borehole imaging for improved reservoir understanding
Azimuthal Resistivity imaging Benefits
- Patented Application Filled - Modular Resistivity tool design
- Deeper depth of investigation improve reaction time, allowing for increased rate of penetration with reduced risk of exiting the targeted formation
- Detect oil-water or gas water contact
- Easy to read geo-steering image
- Gives distance and direction to contrasting bed boundary
- Works in all drilling fluids
Lodestar International will be attending the Society of Petroleum Engineers Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition in Houston, Texas September 27 through September 30 at the George R. Brown Convention Center with their partner in tool development.
Make sure to visit Lodestar at booth number 4205. We will be displaying our new tool technology including the LAB-175, LWD Modular sub and our Boundary tracker.
Can’t make it to the event? You can watch a free live stream of the opening general session online, and you can contact Lodestar sales for more information about our tools and products.