Lodestar Now Hiring Experienced Drilling Professional
Lodestar International is a worldwide distributor and innovator of oilfield technology.
We are a small team that delivers the best technology, accompanied with the most experienced service personnel from North America. Our Directional Drilling and MWD/LWD department is looking to expand. Yes, you read that correctly, we are expanding even in the current down market. Lodestar is looking for the best personnel the oil and gas industry has to offer. Those that like doing things in the oilfield the old way or are afraid of new technology need not apply.
We are searching for an operational lead to visit rig sites with clients when rolling out new technology and document all that takes place. Top priorities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in field with technology roll outs and new clients
- Writing manuals
- Writing case studies and or white papers on MWD/LWD or directional technology offered
- Writing procedures
- Interfacing with clients
- Creating sales presentations and other marketing materials
- Investigating and vetting new technology
- Must have experience as a field engineer applying MWD/LWD tools experience down hole
- Working knowledge of drilling rig site
- LWD-Resistivity/Sonic/Neutron Density
- Directional Drilling experience
- Offshore experience
- Completions and Frac experience
- International experience
Key Position Requirements
- The applicant cannot be afraid of technology, and must obtain basic to intermediate level computer skills.
- Must be able to produce Industries Best Manual and Procedures for Lodestar MWD/LWD and Drilling products.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Lodestar Headquarters is based in Dripping Springs, Texas. Austin/DS/San Antonio local personnel is preferred.
- Applicant must be willing to travel internationally.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with diverse group including customers, managers, contractors and well site personnel.
- Must be able to work independently in an environment under pressure and where priorities change quickly.
- Applicant must be able to read, write, speak and understand basic English.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to answer the question: Why should we pick you?